Hospital Aide (525430) - Mersey Community Hospital
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - NW Region
Mersey Community Hospital
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award/General Stream, Health Services Officers, Level 3|
|Salary:||$51,860 to $53,140 pro rata, per annum|
|| Part Time
|| North West
|Location:||Mersey Community Hospital|
Mersey Community Hospital is seeking applicants for the newly created role of Hospital Aide to work at the Mersey Community Hospital.
Details of Appointment
1 Permanent Part Time Day Worker working 60 hours per fortnight
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager , the focus of duties of this role are:
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM)/Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM)/Department Manager, Hospital Aides assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment and adequate stock supply (excluding drugs) to enable clinical staff to deliver a high standard of care to patients in the ward/unit.
- Cleaning to facilitate the control of infection.
- Basic ward equipment cleaning and stores management.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
Please note: subsequent appointments may be made from this process and notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty, e) Traffic Offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Hospital Aide HSO3 (April 2021).pdf
Generic Hospital Aide HSO3 (April 2021).docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred. You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
For more information contact
Phone: 64 785 369
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now