Under supervision of the Adult Day Centre Coordinator, assist with the care of Adult Day Centre clients in regard to:
- Personal care;
- Providing assistance with planning, implementation and evaluation of activities; and
- Catering and domestic roles.
- For a full comprehensive list of duties please refer to the below Statement of Duties.
This role is based on King Island.
Details of Appointment:
Casual, Day-Worker position working on an as and when required basis.
Salary: $54,135 - $56,478 pro rata per annum + 9.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- This salary is inline with the Health and Human Services Award and Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties or Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties and Function Statement, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Phone: (03) 6462 9976
Position: Director of Nursing
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.job.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.