Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent Full-time Day Worker working 76 hours per fortnight.
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced CNE, or this is an excellent opportunity for a registered nurse with experience in Intensive Care, wishing to pursue an education pathway. The role is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical nursing education. This position will be attractive to a highly skilled and motivated professional who is seeking to take on a supportive leadership position with the Nurse Unit Manager to oversee the nursing workforce and ICU service delivery at the NWRH.
Located on the beautiful North West Coast of Tasmania, this position is ideal for a Clinical Nurse Educator who seeks the opportunities, challenges and rewards that come from working within regional communities, whilst enjoying a lifestyle that is rated second to none.
The North West Regional Hospital ICU is an eight bed, level 4 Intensive Care Unit. Patient mix includes intensive care, high dependency and cardiac. The unit cares for ventilated patients and can provide continuous renal replacement therapy as required. Care of Paediatric patients is also part of this role. Transfer to a tertiary facility is considered on a case by case basis with a focus on delivering the best care available for the patient.
The rugged and beautiful North West Coast of Tasmania is a tourist mecca with a strong agricultural sector, a developing innovative industrial sector and is positioned with airports and sea transport making it accessible to the rest of Tasmania and the Australian mainland. Air travel from Burnie and Devonport to Melbourne is less than one hour and relatively inexpensive. The property market with significantly lower prices than on mainland Australia is attracting considerable interest from families and investors.
You will be involved with transition programs, clinical practice placement programs and professional development programs. This role will be expected to provide strategic leadership and training to nurses and midwives. If you have a passion for training and want a challenging and fulfilling job this could be the role for you.
Do you have?
- Current Registration
- Minimum three years recent ICU nursing experience in Australia, or Cardiothacic experience
- Commitment to quality management
- Current Advanced Life Support certificate
- Computer literacy
- Proven clinical leadership experience
- High level communication skills
- Ventilator experience and non-invasive ventilation experience
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications (or working towards some)
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Clinical Nurse Educator-Clinical Midwifery Educator G6 (December 2016) HPRNL (4).pdf
Generic Clinical Nurse Educator-Clinical Midwifery Educator G6 (December 2016) HPRNL (4).doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Application for Employment (Form 201).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
BURNIE TAS 7320
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Phone: 6493 6169
Position: ADON Education & Research
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au