$88,718.00 to $100,674.00 per annum.
General Stream Band 6
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Permanent full-time day work (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation)
- Please note: Other permanent full-time and part-time vacancies, and fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Corporate, Policy and Regulatory Services - HR Management and Strategy - Hobart
The Industrial Relations (IR) Consultant provides high-level industrial and employee relations consultancy and advisory services to managers and Human Resources (HR) staff within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Tasmanian Health Service (THS), including:
- Provide a high level consultancy service to HR Managers and their staff, and senior management in the Agency on industrial and employee relations matters including interpretation of Awards/Agreements and employment legislation.
- In consultation with the Principal Advisor – IR and relevant stakeholders, manage and coordinate industrial relations activities on behalf of the Agency in the context of continuous improvement and HR best practice. This includes negotiation of industrial agreements and award maintenance.
- Provide advice and high-level support to the Director Human Resources Management and Strategy, HR team members, and DHHS and THS Managers on the investigation and resolution of employee complaints, grievances, inability and disciplinary matters, industrial/award disputes and the management of client complaints.
Note : - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Satisfactory completion of an appropriate course of study from a recognised tertiary institution.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : 520664, 511368 Industrial Relations Consultant Band 6 (December 2017) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : 520664, 511368 Industrial Relations Consultant Band 6 (December 2017) HAHSA.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Mat Johnston
Phone: (03) 6166 3687
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au