Hours/Period of Appointment
1 x Permanent Day Worker, working 76 hours per fortnight
1 x Fixed Term Day Worker, working 38 hours per fortnight until February 2019
Please note that you will be asked to work at both the Mersey Community Hospital and the North West Regional Hospital
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. As a Clerk you will responsible for the provision of a customer focused general reception and telephone service to the Antenatal Clinic based at the North West Regional Hospital in Burnie.
Core duties will include but are not limited to front line reception services, processing referrals, preparing patient documentation that includes collation of patient files; making appointments, answering enquiries and supporting clinical staff.
Communication skills are instrumental for this role as you will be liaising with multiple stakeholders such as clients, staff and consultants. Your ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in your day to day dealings with patient details and personal medical records is essential.
Do you have?
- Well-developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrate flexibility and customer service skills
- Demonstrated skills and/or training with Microsoft office suite of programs
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty, e)Serious Traffic Offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Clerk Band 2 (March 2016) HAHSA WWCT.pdf
Generic Clerk Band 2 (March 2016) HAHSA WWCT.docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Application for Employment (Form 201).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
BURNIE TAS 7320
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Phone: 03 64785163
Position: Nurse Unit Manager - Maternity Service
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au