$ 54,448.00 to $ 57,604.00 pro rata, per annum.
Health Services Officer Level 5
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
- Permanent full-time day work - 1 vacancy
- Fixed term full-time day work commencing ASAP for a period of 18 months - 1 vacancy.
- Fixed term casual (as and when required) commencing ASAP for a period of 12 months - multiple vacancies
- Please note: Other permanent full-time and part-time vacancies, and fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Ambulance Tasmania - Hobart
- To provide an efficient and safe non emergency patient transport service for eligible Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) patients in accordance with Ambulance Tasmania (AT) Non Emergency Patient Transport Policy and Clinical Protocols.
- To work as a member of the Health Transport Services team providing transport of low acuity, medically stable patients requiring a basic level of care and observation for patients travelling to, from or between DHHS and THS facilities.
Selection criteria includes:
- Senior level first aid certificate (or equivalent) or demonstrated ability to obtain the same.
- Demonstrated ability and capacity to undertake and successfully complete Certificate 3 in non emergency patient transport (or equivalent as determined by the Chief Executive Officer of Ambulance Tasmania in accordance with standards set by Ambulance Tasmania).
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, Patient Transport Dispatchers and other members of the health care team coupled with good conflict resolution skills.
- Note : - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Current Driver's Licence.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- e) serious traffic offences
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : Generic Patient Transport Officer HSO 5 (March 2016) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : Generic Patient Transport Officer HSO 5 (March 2016) HAHSA BUTI.doc
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Rick Shegog
Position: Regional Manager
Phone: (03) 6230 8566
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au