Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1 - 11, $146,272 - $204,780 per annum, plus allowances.
Access to the Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner salary range $210,631-$222,333 is subject to the successful applicant satisfying the criteria for Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1, 2 or 3 as described in the Salaried Medical Practitioners Interim Agreement 2015.
The Gastroenterology Department at Launceston General Hospital is seeking a full time Staff Specialist to provide a Consultant role in Gastroenterology, including inpatient and outpatient care. Duties include patient care, teaching, research and management.
The Gastroenterology Department currently consists of five part time Consultants, an accredited advanced trainee in Gastroenterology, and a Resident Medical Officer. It serves a local population of 100,000 for basic services, and a regional population of 250,000 for tertiary services including ERCP (350/year), EUS, SpyGlass DS cholangioscopy, Capsule endoscopy, Oesophageal motility and pH monitoring. There will be a one in five after hours on call roster.
The outpatient clinic has a large IBD and Liver disease component.
There are opportunities for attachment to the large undergraduate clinical school and the clinical research unit, both of which are based at the hospital.
We can offer:
• Attractive Salary Package, including On Call Allowance and Call Back, and election to participate in the Private Patient Plan
• Negotiable salary including superannuation and access to salary packaging
• Relocation and accommodation assistance
• Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference and sabbatical leave, in additional to annual leave entitlements
• Flexible work/life balance
• Dynamic team environment