Diagnostic Audiologist (516550)
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Southern Region
THS - Sth - WA&CS
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||AH Professional Level 3 Yr 1|
|| Multiple FTE - F/T & P/Tpos
|Location:||Royal Hobart Hosp Liverpool St|
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a Diagnostic Audiologist vacancy.
The successful applicant will have experience in at least one of the following areas
- Cochlear implant assessment and rehabilitation
- Diagnosis and management of hearing impaired infants
- Audiological assessment and management of complex children within a multidisciplinary setting
$88,192 to $98,170 pro-rata per annum
Allied Health Professional Level 3
Allied Health Professional (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2016
Period of Employment
Fixed term part-time day work, working 45.6 hours per fortnight (three days per week - negotiated with the successful applicant) commencing as soon as possible until 30 June 2018.
Statewide Audiology, Hobart
Working in the role of Diagnostic Audiologist as part of the multidisciplinary Statewide Audiology Service, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Audiology component of the Statewide Cochlear Implant Service and Universal Newborn Hearing Screening (UNHS) Program. This includes:
- providing cochlear implant assessments and rehabilitation.
- undertaking infant diagnostic assessments.
- providing information and advice to clients and their families on the suitability of available treatment options including implantable technology.
- Provide high level audiological diagnosis and management to adults and children referred to the service.
- Satisfactory completion of an appropriate course of study from a recognised tertiary institution.
* Appropriate Course of Study: For the purpose of the previous section the “appropriate course of study” is:
Tertiary qualifications in Audiology and eligibility for full membership of Audiology Australia.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
516550 Diagnostic Audiologist HP03 (December 2017) HPRNL WWCT.pdf
516550 Diagnostic Audiologist HP03 (December 2017) HPRNL WWCT.docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
You are asked to address the selection criteria within the Statement of Duties. Please click the blue Apply Now button to submit your application.
For further information contact
Discipline Lead – Statewide Audiology
Phone: (03) 6166 0108
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now