Peer Worker (523403)
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Northern Region
Mental Health North
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||HSO Level 5-1|
|Salary:||$54,448 to $57,604 pro rata, per annum|
|| Part Time
|Location:||52 Frankland St, Launceston|
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Fixed term, part time, day work working 53.2 hours per fortnight to commence from 22 January 2018 until 30 June 2019. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Use lived experience of mental illness and recovery experience to share experiential knowledge, skills and strategies for living with mental illness to foster the consumer’s ownership of their physical health, including engagement with health services (general practice and specialist services) and healthy lifestyle activities (e.g. physical activity, diet and smoking cessation support).
- As part of the Mental Health Team, provide outcome focused, recovery orientated services to clients of the mental health service.
- Operating within a mental health recovery framework, assist consumers of mental health services in inpatient and community settings to develop hope, choice, self-determination and social connectedness.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Mental Health Team the role is responsible for assisting individuals in navigating the mental health system, and accessing internal and external supports, and provides opportunity for peer learning through the provision of non-clinical support that compliments clinical care.
- Personal experience of mental illness and use of clinical mental health services.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
e) Serious traffic offences
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work or willingness to work towards the same.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Peer Worker HSO 5 (November 2017) HAHSA.pdf
Generic Peer Worker HSO 5 (November 2017) HAHSA.docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Helen van der Molen
Team Leader - Adult and Older Persons Community Mental Health Se, THS
(03) 6777 4985
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now