$103,431.00 to $108,913.00 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 7
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Fixed term full-time day work commencing ASAP until 30 June 2018. (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation)
- Please note: Other fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
CPRS - Budget and Finance – Hobart
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking an Executive Officer to join the Budget and Finance team.
The Executive Officer will provide support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with high quality coordination of information and advice on matters central to the CFO role, including the preparation and management of high level and authoritative communication and reports to senior officers in the Agency and ministerial stakeholders, including:
- Provide high level advice to the CFO and the Deputy CFO.
- Develop, implement and maintain information management policies, processes and procedures to ensure authoritative and timely responses to key budget and financial issues to senior officers in the Agency and ministerial stakeholders.
- Undertake high level strategic communication tasks including:
- Representing the CFO at high level external forums;
- Negotiation and resolution of complex issues;
- Presentation of high level information to key stakeholders; and · Preparation of high level briefings, correspondence, reports and submissions.
- Initiate and conduct investigations; prepare reports and recommendations on budgetary and financial management issues.
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualifications, and/or professional affiliation.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : 521619 Executive Officer Band 7 (March 2016) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : 521619 Executive Officer Band 7 (March 2016) HAHSA.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Rod Fazackerley
Phone: (03) 6166 3643
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au