Registered Nurse - Student Midwife (504555) LGH
Tasmanian Health Service
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||RNur and or RMid Grd 3 Yr b|
|Salary:||$60,792 to $83,194 pro rata, per annum|
|| Part Time
|Location:||LGH Charles Street, Launceston|
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Multiple, part time, shift work vacancies, each working 40 hours per fortnight to commence 21 January 2018 until 19 January 2019. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please note that access to the Grade 4 salary range $78,666 - $83,194 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4.
The Registered Nurse – Student Midwife:
• Consistent with ongoing experience, strengthens health outcomes through the provision of quality, clinically appropriate midwifery care in partnership with women and their families/significant others and other health professionals while undertaking study that will lead to registration as a midwife.
This position is for student midwives who are enrolled in the Bachelor of Midwifery Course and have completed their 1st year.
Location: Launceston General Hospital
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
- Confirmation of enrolment in a midwifery course accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Registered Nurse - Student Midwife (THS) G3-4 (September 2017) HPRNL WWCT.pdf
Generic Registered Nurse - Student Midwife (THS) G3-4 (September 2017) HPRNL WWCT.doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Name: Janette Tonks
Position: Nursing Director - Women's & Children's Service
Phone: (03) 6777 8972
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now