$65,818.00 to $75,872.00 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 4
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Permanent full-time day work (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation)
- Please note: Other permanent full-time and part-time vacancies, and fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Office of the Secretary – Hobart
The Department of Health and Human Services is seeking an Executive Services Officer to join their team.
The Executive Services Officer provides high quality administrative coordination and support to the Secretary and Manager, OTS in relation to matters involving the Secretary, corporate governance, the business operations of OTS and the portfolio Ministers, including:
- Assist as required to facilitate the timely, efficient and effective flow of quality information and documentation to and from the Secretary’s office, to and from portfolio Ministers’ offices, and within DHHS.
- Contribute to the management of frameworks for key corporate governance element including, but not limited to, policy, risk, planning and delegations to continuously improve the DHHS corporate governance arrangements.
- Coordinate the key Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Corporate Governance Committees in line with the accountabilities framework to ensure delivery of the corporate governance committee arrangements.
- Conduct research, investigation and analysis, either individually or in conjunction with more senior staff, into issues and provide solutions, develop proposals and put forward recommendations. Prepare information such as reports, submissions, briefing notes, letters and minutes.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : Generic Executive Services Officer Band 4 (January 2016) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : Generic Executive Services Officer Band 4 (January 2016) HAHSA.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Tom Gunner
Phone: (03) 6166 3694
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au