$86,978.00 to $98,700.00per annum.
General Stream Band 6
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Fixed term full-time day work commencing ASAP for a period of 12 months. (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation)
- Please note: Other fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Public Health Services - Health Protection – Hobart
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a Project Coordinator - Pandemic Influenza Health System Preparedness to join their team.
The Project Coordinator – Pandemic Influenza Health System Preparedness (PIHSP) will undertake a project to progress the pandemic emergency capacity and capability of primary and community health in Tasmania and contribute to the consideration of consequential effects on other Public Health emergency planning, including:
- Create a detailed project plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the Pandemic Influenza Project.
- Consult stakeholders about the Models of Care Annex of Australian Health Management Plan for Pandemic Influenza (AHMPPI) and suitable arrangements for Tasmania and develop the Model of Care Annex of the Tasmanian Health Action Plan for Pandemic Influenza (THAPPI), including how it will be implemented in local areas.
- Consult stakeholders (including DHHS units, the THS, PHT, private hospitals, the Royal Australian College of General Practice and pharmaceutical bodies) about the national arrangements and guidelines for the rapid and coordinated management of antivirals during a pandemic response and develop the Antiviral Management Annex of THAPPI.
- Develop Pandemic Preparedness Guidelines and Checklist resources to help health service providers achieve, evaluate and sustain an appropriate level of pandemic preparedness and, in return, support the incident controller to rapidly activate an effective response.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Appropriate qualifications and/or experience in health emergency management planning
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : 501462 Project Coordinator - Pandemic Influenza Health System Preparedness (June 2017) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : 501462 Project Coordinator - Pandemic Influenza Health System Preparedness (June 2017) HAHSA.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Leanne Cleaver
Phone: (03) 6166 0679
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au