$ 52,331.00 to $ 56,437.00 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 2
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Permanent full-time day work (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation)
- Please note: Other permanent full-time and part-time vacancies, and fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
HDCS - Housing Tasmania, Portfolio and Supply - Hobart
- As a member of the Portfolio and Supply unit’s Customer Services team, contribute to the growth and sustainability of Tasmania’s social and affordable housing system through the provision of a statewide point of contact for all public housing customers in order to resolve maintenance enquiries relating to the Director’s social and affordable housing assets.
- The core objectives of the position are to undertake a range of client service duties, including administrative, clerical and client support services for staff and clients, to support the efficient and effective delivery of maintenance services.
Selection criteria includes:
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with clients, some of whom may have challenging behaviours, on a range of matters relating to HDCS services.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively determine client needs with a strong focus on quality customer/client service and experience.
- Note : - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Client service and complaints management training.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : Generic Customer Support Officer - Portfolio Maintenance Band 2 (May 2016) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : Generic Customer Support Officer - Portfolio Maintenance Band 2 (May 2016) HAHSA.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Carolyn Dunnewijk
Position: Manger, Customer Services
Phone: (03) 6166 0935
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au