Senior Consultant (512148)
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Southern Region
THS - South - MH & Statewide Services
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Band 6 Range 1 Lvl 1|
|| Full Time
|Location:||Level 2, Carruthers Building|
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day worker working 76 hours per fortnight to commence from 20 February 2018. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Reporting to the Manager, Projects and in accordance with Tasmanian Health Service (THS) policy, directions, legal requirements and professional competencies, the Senior Consultant will:
• Provide high level support to senior management in Mental Health & Statewide Services in the coordination, preparation and presentation of complex correspondence, including ministerial and parliamentary documentation.
• Provide high level specialised expertise, advice and support to the operational and service areas across Mental Health and Statewide Services.
• Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate significant operationally based projects across Mental Health & Statewide Services with a particular focus on the areas of staffing, establishments, records and file management and facility/infrastructure projects.
• Develop and implement effective and efficient operational frameworks and processes that support the delivery of high quality services across the Group.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Appropriate professional and/or tertiary qualification.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
512148 Senior Consultant band 6 (August 2017) HAHSA (1).pdf
512148 Senior Consultant band 6 (August 2017) HAHSA (2).docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Group Manager - Mental Health and Statewide Services
(03) 6166 0856
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now