Registered Nurse (502384)
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - NW Region
Primary Health North West
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||RNur and or RMid Grd 3 Yr b|
|| Full Time, Multiple FTE - F/T & P/Tpos
|| North West
|Location:||King Island Hosp & Hlth Centre|
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent Shift Worker, working 76 hours per fortnight
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join the team at the King Island Hospital and Community Health Centre. We are seeking applicants who have a background in rural and remote nursing, with emergency triage and assessment skills and some experience in best practice aged care. Successful applicants will be required to be the in charge nurse on shift / senior staff member and key go to person on a regular basis. There will also be a requirement to participate in the on call roster in the event of an emergency outside of hours.
Reporting to the Clinical Nurse Consultant, successful applicants will be responsible for taking a primary role in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a range of activities, including supporting a positive workplace culture.
Do you have?
- Current Registration
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge of and experience in rural health nursing
- High level of interpersonal skills demonstrative through experience in working within a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience working in Emergency Triage and Assessment
- A background in Aged Care
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Packaging entitlements $9,010 used on a range of benefits such as your mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses. Access to $2,550 for Meal entertainment, Holiday accommodation and Venue hire. As well as access to take up a novated lease on a vehicle.
- Access to Remote and Rural Professional Development Allowance up to 3,247 per annum
- 10% rural and remote allowance in addition to the base salary
- Negotiated relocation assistance
- Negotiated supported accommodation
Please note that access to the Grade 4 salary range is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty, e)Serious Traffic Offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Registered Nurse (THS-North West) G3-4 (July 2017) HPRNL.pdf
Generic Registered Nurse (THS-North West) G3-4 (July 2017) HPRNL BUTI.doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Application for Employment (Form 201).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
BURNIE TAS 7320
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Director of Nursing
(03) 6462 9912
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now